Monday, August 25, 2008

Say, "NO!" to College

Under construction. Please, be patient. As I make changes/additions. Thank you.

Published: Mar. 27, 2006.
"Is College Worth It?" by Rich Karlaard

Rightly, he applies hard-nosed financial analysis to that all too expensive college degree.

Updated: Aug. 22, 2008.
"Is College Still Worth the Price?" by Penelope Wang

Great article by a Money magazine senior writer.

Is college still worth the price? I think you know my answer. No.

Definitely no if you have to go into debt. In order to pay for it. I've read and heard too many student loan horror stories. Tens of thousands of youthful lives ruined. A few rare cases of suicide. Student debt drowned, not only their dreams, but also their souls.

Unrealistic dream careers smashed by the cold hard fist of reality. The lies of college realized all too late. After five to six years wasted in an ivory tower. Five or six years which could have been better spent on a real education in the real world.

FYI: The SayNoToCollege.com forum is not by me. A totally independently created online forum. But exactly what I would have wanted in an online forum for anti-college thinkers. College Alternatives, Success Stories, and Student Loans discussion boards.

What can I say? Brilliant minds think alike.

Say, "NO!" to College. No to college degrees, yes to learning.
--Master Hun

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I agree...brilliant minds do think alike! Thanks for mentioning my forum. Your blog is great.